TEACHERS TRAINING JOLLY PHONICS PROGRAMS
Jolly Phonics is a fun and child centered approach to teach literacy through synthetic phonics. In Jolly Phonics 42 sounds are taught and not only the alphabet. Each sound is taught with action which helps children remember letters that represented.
Jolly Phonics Program is an interesting multi-sensory effective program that teaches phonics, writing, word recognition and early spelling skills in a fun and interactive way, specifically designed for young children.
With Jolly Phonics, the children are not just taught the alphabets sounds but all the 42 main letter sounds and how they are written. Children are taken through stages of blending sounds together to form words and then on to reading. Children are taught to write by listening for the sounds in spoken words and identifying the letters corresponding to those sounds.
Teaching Program has been divided into primarily 5 Basic Skills, each of which has its own subdivided sections:
- Learning the letter sounds (42 sounds)
- Learning the letter formations.
- Reading / Blending.
- Identifying the sounds in Words.
- Tricky Words.
- Flash Card Presentation
- Role Plays
- Question and Answer Sessions
- Teaching Aids
- Worksheets, etc
Jolly Phonics will helps kids to :
- Interpret words on their own
- Decode words they encounter while reading
- Learn new words and build up their vocabulary
- Read faster, independently ,effectively and accurately from very early on
- Master writing skills
- Develop their spelling skills
- Improve their independent writing ability
- Better their comprehension skills
- Initiate progressive learning